Has the Mother/Father of your child(ren) taken your child(ren) away and refuses to return them?  This is a horrible thought, but it happens more than you might think.

If there is a time-sharing order in place, you must immediately obtain a pick-up order to get your child back into your care, by filing a motion with the court.

If there are no orders in place, you must immediately get in front of a judge to establish your “standing” in the court and to obtain an order to get your child back.

If the child is removed from the country, most countries are members of the Hague Convention and, even though it is a complicated procedure, the courts will cooperate with each other and your child will be returned.

These types of cases are serious and can become extremely complicated, very quickly. Do not waste time in these circumstances!  Contact the authorities and an attorney immediately!

Please visit our website for more detailed information at: DBTracht.com.  Watch for our future blogs, as we will be posting once a week on different issues! Call us any time for more information over the phone!  We are here to help guide you. (954) 776-2320