January 17, 2019


“Help!  I need to move!”    We hear this all the time.  You have a new job opportunity in another State.  Can you relocate with your children?   It’s complicated.

You can move, of course, but whether or not your children can move with you is another story.  If you can get the other parent to agree, then it’s easy, but hey – life is never easy, is it?

If you don’t have an agreement, then we have factors in our statute that all have to be considered by a court in deciding whether or not you can move (relocate) with the children.  Take a look at them.  Fla. Stat. 61.13001.

Please visit our Child Custody Relocation page for more information.  If you still have questions, we’d love to talk so please Contact Us anytime.  We are here to help guide you.

You May Also Like


June 21st, 2019|

Mediation is a process and is a great tool in the litigation process. Florida requires mediation prior to going into court.  It is always better to resolve your case yourselves rather than having a stranger [...]


May 27th, 2019|

Finally, the state of Florida has recognized same sex marriage for some time now.  Many ask, “If we break up, are the laws the same?”  The answer is yes. Chapter 61 of the Florida Statutes [...]


May 15th, 2019|

Is your partner/spouse cheating?  Are they buying and selling drugs?  Are they using drugs and placing the children in dangerous situations?  All these questions and answers are very important for the court to know.  Unfortunately, [...]